Three Men in a Trailer are the Hog Roast experts. We will bring all our high end mobile catering skills to your venue, cook the hog, carve the meat, serve it your guests and provide a wide range of accompaniments to go with your succulent pork feast.
A Hog Roast is perfect for a wide range of events including weddings, birthdays, confirmations, communions, hen and stag parties, fundraisers. In fact, Pig on a Spit is a superb idea for any occasion you care to mention.
Hog Roast – What you Get
Three Men in a Trailer specialises in roasting a full hog and we can supply 3 different standards of pork:
- Our own hand reared organic hogs
- Free range hog from one of our local farmers
- Standard hog from one of the larger producers
All three options are at different price points.
The above will cater for 100 people comfortably and the price will include the cost of one of our team to cook (6 hours minimum) and carve the hog.
We also provide lamb spit roasted which can be supplied either Organic or Free range.
The Hog Roast is priced on request, please call on 085 851 4355 or email email@example.com.
Hog Roast Accompaniments
Below is a list of what we offer to accompany the Hog Roast menu. This list is not exhaustive and can be altered to suit your needs depending on the cooking facilities available, or those we can arrange, generally dependent on how far we are from home base (Carrick on Suir, Tipperary).
- German style potato salad- New potatoes soaked in a red onion and sherry vinegar dressing. This dish can have smoked bacon lardons as an optional extra
- Traditional Irish potato salad – Cooked potato, scallions and diced onion bound with mayonnaise
- Bombay potato salad – Potatoes flavoured with onion, garlic, ginger, chillies, cumin and ground coriander. This is bound with thick natural yogurt
- Marinated Roast Vegetables – Onion, courgette, butternut squash, carrot, peppers, thyme, lemon juice and balsamic vinegar
- Red cabbage coleslaw – Shredded red cabbage, carrots and onion garnished with sultanas and almonds bound with either mayonnaise or red wine vinaigrette
- Rigatoni & rocket salad – Just cooked pasta garnished with spring onion, garlic, cherry tomatoes, olives, rockets and goats cheese
- Spicy fruity cous cous – Cous cous flavoured with spices, chillies and herbs, garnished with apricots, dates, sultnans, oranges and zest of lemon, moistened with good olive oil
- Vegetable Biryani – Curry flavoured vegetables folded through jasmin scented basmati rice
- Mixed lettuce leaves – A selection of lettuce leaves washed and dried
All our salads are made with the best quality ingredients. Availability of some salads can be seasonally influenced. We can also make salads to order, within reason, as long as ingredients are in season and available.
The picture below was taken at the Ros na Rún summer party. Three Men in a Trailer has also catered for Hog Roast parties for Bulmers, the Dexter Gathering and a variety of Weddings and parties across the country.